Friday, April 20, 2012

R is for Rhoda Morgenstern



Welcome to the A to Z Blogging Challenge where I will post on a word
featuring a different letter of the alphabet each day of the month of April.
My theme for this challenge is Female TV Characters.


Rhoda Morgenstern - "Rhoda"

THE STORY: When Rhoda lived in Minneapolis, she became best friends with Mary Richards. Two single ladies having the time of their lives. But a few years later, Rhoda moves to New York City where she works as a window dresser and eventually starts her own business. She falls in love with Joe Gerard and gets married. Happy ending? Not quite. The couple get divorced and Rhoda must find her place in the world. 

UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL: Rhoda was born to a Jewish family in the Bronx. She always puts herself down and is blind to her good qualities - smart, funny, creative and beautiful. The only person who is less secure than Rhoda is her younger sister Brenda. Both women have a problem standing up to their mother who spreads around the guilt like peanut butter on bread.


What's the worst date you've ever had?

3 comments:

ShaunaKelleyWrites said...

I love "spread the guilt like peanut butter"

Luana Krause said...

Shauna: What is it with Jewish mothers? They've been the butt of jokes for years! Where would comedy be without them?

Craig Edwards said...

I watched the MTM show, and Rhoda, and Phyllis (for the short time it was on) I don't think I got a lot of the jokes - but I liked Carlton, your doorman!

The worst date I ever had is a long story - but it involves a random blind date at drama summer camp - and a really scary young lady who nearly stalked me the rest of camp. Yow!