Sunday, February 19, 2012

Depressing Songs



Music taps into our emotions -- happy, excited, whimsical, frisky, bold, fearless, jumpy, morose, reflective and sometimes downright depressed. Here is a list of some of the most depressing songs I know.

Cats in the Cradle (sung by Harry Chapin)

Circle Game (sung by Joni Mitchell)

Honey (sung by Bobby Goldsboro)

I Will Always Love You (sung by Whitney Houston)

My Heart Will Go On (sung by Celine Dione)

Wind Beneath My Wings (sung by Bette Midler)

Leaving on a Jet Plane (sung by John Denver)


I know I will think of others and add them to my list. What are your choices?

2 comments:

Craig Edwards said...

Alone Again, Naturally (Gilbert O'Sullivan) / Vincent (Don McLean) / It Hurts to Be in Love (Gene Pitney) / Teddy Bear (Red Sovine) / Radio Lover (George Jones) / Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad (Def Leppard) and Some Guys Have All the Luck (Rod Stewart)

Luana Krause said...

Craig: Thanks for playing. I also want to add "You Don't Bring Me Flowers" (Neil Diamond & Barbra Streisand).