Saturday, January 08, 2011

Live and Let Dye


Okay. I'm seriously thinking about dyeing my hair. I've been debating this decision for months.

Pros:
No gray
New look
Shinier hair

CONS:
Retouching
A nightmare to grow out again

In my research I've found there is something called Demi-Permanent color. That's where the color washes out gradually over several shampoos.This would let me test the waters and see if I want to go hard core.

But I'm thinking of throwing caution to the wind and just going for permanent hair color. My natural hair is dark brown (like Sandra Bullock), so according to my research I should go a shade or two lighter. Lighter brown would be nice, but I'd really like to have auburn hair. Do I dare?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I figure if gray hair is good enough for EmmyLou Harris then it's good enough for me. It would be kind of nice to have auburn hair again but I'm not sure it's worth it . . . and I'm not sure I'd recognize me.

Deborah Nielsen
Cheyenne WY

Luana Krause said...

Hi, Deborah: Well, I've done the gray thing and I'm ready for a change. I'm not going auburn; I don't think it would look good on me. I've decided on light or medium brown. I hopin and prayin it looks fabulous!