Saturday, July 17, 2010

Leonardo DiCaprio



So why is it that all of a sudden I'm a huge fan of Leonardo DiCaprio? Yes, I've always liked his movies but as an actor he was nothing to write home about. Until now.

I think it has a lot to do with his maturity and the choices he's made in selecting films. He has the luxury of being selective. He seems to have good instincts in choosing excellent roles.

Filmmography:
What's Eating Gilbert Grape (1993) -- Double whammy with Johnny Depp!
Romeo and Juliet (1996) -- Claire and Leo sitting in a tree...K-I-S-S-I-N-G
Marvin's Room (1996) -- Tortured teen with a crazy mom.
Titanic (1997) -- BEST LOVE STORY EVER! I cried for weeks.
Gangs of New York (2002) -- Head to head with Daniel Day Lewis.
Catch Me If You Can (2002) -- Edge of my seat. Hanks in horn rims. Yeah!
The Aviator (2004) -- Star power: Cate, Kate, John C., Alec.
The Departed (2006) -- More star power: Matt, Jack, Mark, Martin (and Alec once again)
Blood Diamond (2006) -- Leo's poignant action movie. See Leo. See Leo run. Run, Leo, run!
Revolutionary Road (2008) -- Leo and Kate reunited as Ozzie and Harriet.
Shutter Island (2010) -- Leo the gumshoe.
Inception (2010) -- TBA!

No comments: