Saturday, July 31, 2010

Going Places



So I'm in the process of getting my passport! Yep! You never know when you might have to hop on a plane to London, Paris or Rome. The first step is to get a copy of my birth certificate. I filled out the form and it will be notarized and in the mail Monday. After that, I submit my passport application.

The only foreign country I've ever visited was Mexico. I've been to the border cities: Juarez in 1969 and Nogales in 1985. No big deal. Everyone spoke English. I've never seen so many tacky velvet paintings in my life.

My Aunt Betty was in Rome (actually she was stranded there on 9/11). My mother-in-law went to Austria. My friend Mark went to France (twice!) My co-worker Annie went to Ireland last year. Friends from church went to Israel. Other friends from church went on mission trips to Russia, Africa, Cuba, Haiti and Canada. Hubby was in Russia and Sicily. My dad was in Germany and Suriname. My grandfather was at Guadalcanal in WWII, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a pleasure trip.

So here I am. Ready for my own adventure. I'd love to go to Europe. Particularly London and Paris. I would also enjoy a Tour of Italy (and I'm not talking about the entree at Olive Garden). I've been studying French and Italian off and on for years so I'm prepared for whatever comes my way.

Ciao!


No comments: