Friday, March 06, 2009

American Idol Wild Card Show

Okay. So I'm watching the Wild Card Show on American Idol, which was recorded on my DVR because I was singing at my Cheyenne Harmony rehearsal (Cheyenne Harmony is a women's acappella singing group).

I return home to watch the show. I was disappointed that Jesse received such a negative critique from the judges. I LOVE her style of singing...and her song choices. She was my favorite. And of course, she did not make the cut. (sigh).

The other wild card contestants were so-so for me. However, I was thrilled that Tatiana was cut. I have no idea how she got this far. I suspect it's the "drama" factor. She's a drama queen if I ever saw one. It was pretty pathetic that after she was cut she went to the judges table weeping...the judges enabled her psychotic behavior by speaking words of comfort and encouragement. Puhleeze!

The last three contestants were chosen. Megan (a long-haired blonde beauty with an edgy singing style), Jasmine (a cute teenager with a powerhouse voice that came out of nowhere) and ...at that moment my DVR shut off and I didn't get to see the third choice! I also missed the surprise...a fourth contestant making a total of 13 finalists!

Luckily, the Internet came to the rescue and I found out that Anoop and Matt were also chosen. Good choices. Looking forward to next week when the competition really begins!

No comments: